Friday, September 11, 2015

9/11

I remember it like it was yesterday.

Sitting at home and watching the news. The first tower had already been hit, and I watched as the second plane hit, shown on the screen just behind newsperson Jane Hanson. I went to open the store and was sitting outside in my car talking to my daughter who was watching the news. She told me the first tower collapsed . . . Within 2 hours, both towers had collapsed. Gone forever. That night as I watched the news, I cried a bit, wondering how many former workmates had died . . . How many people I passed every day when I worked there had died. People whose names I didn’t know, but people sharing a space and a time . . .

Bless all those lost that day . . . In New York, Virginia and Pennsylvania . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment